Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to Philips!
To fully benet from the support that Philips
offers, register your product at www.philips.com/welcome.
Read this important information carefully before you use
the appliance and save it for future reference.
- Keep the appliance and the adapter dry.
- Do not use the appliance near or over a washbasin or
bath lled with water (Fig. 1).
- Do not use the appliance in the bath or in the
shower (Fig. 2).
- HP6519: If you use the appliance in the bathroom, do
not use an extension cord. (Fig. 3)
- If the adapter is damaged, always have it replaced with
one of the original type in order to avoid a hazard.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons
(including children) with reduced physical, sensory
or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and
knowledge, unless they have been given supervision
or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a
person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do
not play with the appliance.
- Do not cut off the adapter to replace it with another
plug, as this causes a hazardous situation.
- HP6519: Only use the appliance in combination with
the adapter supplied.
- HP6520: Only charge the appliance with the
- This appliance is only intended for removing women’s
body hair on areas below the neck.
- To prevent damage and injuries, keep the operating
appliance (with or without attachment) away
from clothes, threads, cords, brushes etc.
- Do not use the appliance and exfoliation brush on
irritated skin or skin with varicose veins, rashes, spots,
moles (with hairs) or wounds without consulting your
- People with a reduced immune response or people
who suffer from diabetes mellitus, haemophilia or
immunodeciency should also consult their doctor rst.
- Your skin may become a little red and irritated the
rst few times you use the epilator. This is absolutely
normal and quickly disappears. As you use the
appliance more often, your skin gets used to epilation,
skin irritation decreases and regrowth becomes
thinner and softer. If the irritation has not disappeared
within three days, we advise you to consult a doctor.
- Do not use the epilating head, attachments or the
exfoliation brush if they are damaged or broken, as
this may cause injury.
- Use and store the appliance at a temperature
between 10°C and 30°C.
- HP6520: Make sure the socket is live when you
charge the appliance.
- Noise level: Lc= 76 dB(A).
Electromagnetic elds (EMF)
his Philips appliance complies with all applicable standards
and regulations regarding exposure to electromagnetic elds.
- This appliance is not suitable for use in a bath or
shower. (Fig. 4)
- HP6520: The appliance does not work when
it is connected to the mains.
- Do not throw away the appliance with the normal
household waste at the end of its life, but hand it in at
an ofcial collection point for recycling. By doing this,
you help to preserve the environment. (Fig. 5)
- HP6520: The built-in rechargeable battery contains
substances that may pollute the environment. Always
remove the battery before you discard and hand in
the appliance at an ofcial collection point. Dispose of
the battery at an ofcial collection point for batteries.
If you have trouble removing the battery, you can also
take the appliance to a Philips service centre. (Fig. 6)
HP6520: Removing the rechargeable battery
1 Disconnect the appliance from the mains and let it
operate until the battery is completely empty.
2 Remove the epilating head and open the appliance
with a screwdriver. (Fig. 7)
3 Insert the screwdriver into the small slot in
the printed circuit board (1). Turn around the
screwdriver until the connection between the
printed board and battery breaks off (2). (Fig. 8)
4 Pry the rechargeable battery out of the appliance
with the screwdriver (Fig. 9).
Caution: Be careful, the battery strips are sharp.
Do not attempt to replace the rechargeable batteries.
Guarantee and support
If you need information or support, please visit
www.philips.com/support or read the separate
worldwide guarantee leaet.
Register your product and get support at